Thursday, October 25, 2012

Summer's over

Bad news, everyone.

It doesn't look like I'll ever manage to get the rest of Natsunokumo translated.

I searched for an available translator, but haven't managed to find a suitable one so far.

I tried to ask other groups to pick this project up, but predictably no one showed much interest.

I tried to commission the translation of chapter 19, at least to finish up the fourth volume, and to have a precise idea of how much it would cost, but the translators (plural, both saha and desudesu) didn't even answer my request for a quote ...

So I'm stumped. Any and all suggestions are welcome at this point, but the project is effectively on indefinite hiatus. I'm pretty sad about this.

3 comments:

  1. Now that is a real shame, because this was a series i found i was particularly interested in and followed while it was in mangascreener's hands. Really do hope you manage to find someone who'd work on it. Though it's now been at least 6 years since i looked at this, I still remember being quite intrigued at the psychological aspects of this, like the psychologist who uses the game to talk to his clients, since this is indeed seinen and a more mature take on mmorpg's than say, dot hack or now even Sword Art Online. Guess seinen tends to be a bit harder to 'sell' than shounen, since it is more mature and requires a more advanced translator. But it is nice to see that someone is trying to push this one, so kudos for these new chaps which I just noticed, and i will continue to hope that a tl does answer the call..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see someone else who enjoyed this as much as I did, and I appreciate your comment. I'd sure hope to see it all translated one day, and I'll still look for someone to help me out... it's just that, realistically, it doesn't look likely :')

      Delete
  2. I agree,it is indeed a shame. Along with LMS, it's one of the few series I have truly enjoyed reading lately, for it's more mature take on mmos in particular. Your work and dedication to this series is much appreciated. Hopefully both series get the attention they deserve.

    ReplyDelete